Sunday, February 13, 2011

Men's Choir Experence

I had the opportunity to participate in a male choir today at our Sunday stake conference meeting. A stake in LDS lingo is similar to a Cathlic diocese, a collection of congregations (wards). We sang 2 numbers, Mack Wilberg's arrangement of "Reedemer of Israel" and "I Need The Every Hour" from the hymn book men's section. The choir director had a great feel for the music and brought out our best. It's hard to explain what an exquisite experience that was. I'm certainly no great singer, but in situations like this the sum is greater than the parts and even though my contribution was minimal, it was an amazing thing. I believe a men's chorus can have a powerful effect on the human soul. That was the case today. Just grateful to have been a part of it!

1 comment:

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

Nice Dad, glad you were in the choir and felt that powerful effect. I hadn't checked your music blog lately, looks like I have some entries to catch up on. You have been busy.

Post a Comment